Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I am dealing with a complex break up and I need advice. So I…

Customer Question
I am dealing with...

I am dealing with a complex break up and I need advice

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

So I dated my recently turned ex for two years. We would always spend time with each other we were always by each others side. we would practically be with each other everyday, and we developed a co-dependent relationship. For some time now shes been trying to get away and have us develop our own space but i really only like to be with her ( this is also because i want to make sure she doesnt do things to hurt me behind my bacK). When ever we'd hang out with her friends I would get mad at her becuase she wouldnt give me the attention i wanted ( i reacted like a little kid) and I would also find ways to get mad in general (but I was not doing it on purpose). she started talking to this guy and i was not okay with that (she did it because i was not giving her the right type of attention), then eveything eventually blew up and she broke up with me, later the next day i tried to see her and talk to her (without her letting me) and got angry and lashed out by sleeping with another guy. I still love her very much and Ive identified that I have to grow and mature. She still tells me she does love me, that she does want a future, and we still talk. I know she wants space but it scares me that it will become permanent

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I have issues because i never resolved emotional problems from the past, and I want to know how I can push on so that I can go back to my girlfriend

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 4 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
I know how hard this is for you but the best thing you can do is to give her that space. The space won't push her away toward others but if you continue to reach out to her and push for something deeper that could push her away. I know it sounds opposite of what you feel in your heart to do but I am telling you that if you can give her the space and she can come back in her own way and reconnect.
The fact that she slept with someone else is really hitting me hard, I want to forgive her for that but it’s very hard. How can I overcome this ?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC