Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I am a Mum of 3 adult children and married to their Dad for…

Customer Question
Hi, I am a...

Hi, I am a Mum of 3 adult children and married to their Dad for 36 years. My 2 single daughters (28 & 33) do not iike my son's girlfriend (their brother's girlfriend) (both age 26) this is because of how she has acted in the past when they broke up for a while. They don't want me to invite her to family celebrations and have threatened to not attend themselves if she is there. Which would devastate me. I don't have a problem with her because we have talked through stuff from the past and I like her. I also would not want to alienate my son. He would be very upset if his girlfriend was not invited and I know her feelings would be very hurt. It would cause a problem in their relationship, so I think he would say well I can't come over without her and once again this would be devastating. Family occasions are so important to my and my husband and so is family harmony. I don't know what to do

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

His Girlfriend is transgender, she had the re-assignment surgery a year ago to go from male to female. He totally sees her as a female, I think we ALL do but I think that everyone except me is uncomfortable with it. My daughters say they are not & that they don't like her for other reasons, but I don't really believe this. My husband admits he finds it weird but loves our son so much that he accepts her, although doesn't talk to her that much.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Relationship
11/27/2017
Counselor: Rev.Dr. August Abbott, Clergy replied 9 months ago
Rev.Dr. August Abbott
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.