Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I have been seeing a guy for 5 months - always casually - he…

I have been seeing...

I have been seeing a guy for 5 months - always casually - he has been clear he is none exclusive - initally we both dated others , after he went away for 3 weeks we focussed on each other but now i am aware he is dating others again. i really like him , my feeelings have changed he is clear he wants just casual even though he very much likes me. i feel hurt. the choice appears to be , walk away now or stick it out and hope his feelings grow i just dont know what to do

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I am 46 he is 40

11/24/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, I am John. I am sorry you are going through this. If you try to wait him out I fear you are in for a frustrating relationship. He has stated what he wants and that is what he will be getting. A better option I believe is to straight forward tell him you have grown to care about him and you desire an exclusive relationship. Tell him if he doesn’t want that, you are going to have to move on. You just can’t stay if it is non exclusive. I’m not sure he will
Change , but you will know then. If he is going to change this will be it. I know it is risky, but not as risky as you giving him another couple years for him in hopes he will commit. Does that make sense?
I hope I was a help to you. Will you do me a favor and give me a five star rating for my answer so I can be paid for it. If you have any comments or questions please post them here. I want to help you.Thank you!
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hi , thank you
it does make sense i just fear by telling him i push him further away
part of me wants to see if i can go back to being casual about it myself and just having fun - maybe dating others again
It seems such a shame we are well matched in many ways
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)