Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My question is about drinking. When my fiancé and I met I…

Hi. My question is...

Hi. My question is about drinking. When my fiancé and I met I enjoyed a drink at the end of the day to relax. That hasn't changed as I still enjoy a drink after work.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

The problem is I do t mention anything about his habits or what not. I love him as is. He is constantly bringing up the fact I enjoy a drink and I feel that it's becoming a problem. Ive got the cold at present and to add to it when he asks how I feel I let him know my chest hurts etc and his first response is maybe don't drink

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

We are due to be married in march next year. I love him with all my heart but I feel when he looks at me or talks to me all that comes to his mind is that I enjoy a drink. I don't feel he looks at the things he fell in love with anymore it's just all about the fact I have a drink daily

11/22/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. Please be patient as I look over your question. Thank you!
has he quit drinking at the end of the day? Has he ever had a drinking problem? Any other details might be helpful.
He has a drink on the weekends only. He's just more of a coke and coffee drinker.
He's never said it was a problem but the way it's always the first thing to come up has me confused.
You might need to confront him about it. He may not even realize how big of a deal he is making of it. If he really is bothered by it, you need to think about whether it’s really worth it. A tactic would be go one week without and see if he even notices and if his reaction is worth the sacrifice. After all, as you said, it is just a drink. The other option is to roll up your sleeves make an issue out of it. It doesn’t sound to me it’s something you really want to fight about.
Does that make sense to you? If you still have questions or feel you need to discuss it further let me know. We can discuss this issue further her with no further charge. If I have answered your question, please let it be known with a five star rating so I can be paid for my service.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
That makes sense. I'm not sure if I'm taking it to personal. It just bothers me how he talks or reacts about it.
I've gone without drinking and he hasn't noticed. He just notices when I do. I guess the only other option I have is to confront him. Do you have advice on what words are more suited
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.