Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I went on a date with this really great guy. We really hit…

I went on a date...
I went on a date with this really great guy. We really hit it off so well that I made the mistake of sleeping with him. Afterwards, he still seemed very interested from calling, texting, and wanting to see me again. Then, a few nights later I saw him on the online dating app. Feeling frustrated, I sent him a message on the app letting him know I was thinking of him. Then, I became increasingly frustrated and sent him a text explaining that I was great but if he wanted to keep fishing that was fine and to have a good one and sometimes things that are too good to be true really are. Then, I added somehow I knew this was happen. I have not received a response and it has been almost 24 hours and I have since then rethought my position. We never really discussed being exclusive and when we were going to take ourselves off the dating app. We only had one date it's just I became emotionally attached due to sexual interaction. Is there any recovery for this. Should I contact him or just write it off as a bad choice and move on.
11/21/2017
Rosemary S.
Rosemary S., Human Services Counseling

11-21-17

Hello:

Unfortunately, this seems to be a common

situation. You are not alone.

It takes two to create a situation like the

one you described in your question.

From what you described regarding

his conduct after your date, it appears that you

may not have a choice but to move on.

It appears, that you have done

everything you could do, to open the lines of

communication on your part.

There doesn't seem to be much more that

you can do.

It is up to him now, to decide if he would

like to continue the communications between

the two of you.

As stated above, it takes two to create a

​situation like this one, and both parties are

​equally responsible.

If you do not hear from him, perhaps you should

just "write this off" as a learning experience

and move on. (*With the understanding that you will

will know better in the future.)

I just hope that you will not spend too much time

dwelling on this, or blaming yourself, if you do not hear

from him again. By doing so, you may be unintentionally

passing up, or denying yourself, other opportunities to

meet that 'special person.'

Lastly, I always aim to give customers a

five star level-of-service when answering questions.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Please let me know if there is anything else you

need answered.

​Good luck.

______________________________________

Legal Disclaimer: The information provided above, is general information only and is not intended to serve as a long, or short term, professional relationship. By providing the above information, I am not engaging in a 'relationship designee - client relationship' with you. The above information is only intended to provide general information. The fee that you may pay me, is for general information only. No part of this disclaimer can be reproduced, or copied, without the express consent of Rosemary S., the owner.

Rosemary S.
Rosemary S., Human Services Counseling