Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I'm having a real issue. I just ended my engagement at the…

Customer Question
I'm having a real...

I'm having a real issue

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I just ended my engagement at the end of July and moved away. When I ended the engagement I was on anti-depressants. We remained friends and then one day he said he didn't want to talk anymore and didn't want to text and didn't want to see each other anymore. It threw me for a loop but I was okay with it. I am coming off of Paxil and starting something new. And now it feels as if I'm having feelings I didn't know I had. I wonder if I made the wrong decision. And now he won't answer my calls my texts nothing. I've known him since 7th grad and we got engaged at 35 to each other. Our relationship was very passionate. The highs were so high and the lows so low. I miss him. It's my birthday today and the first one I have spent without him and he won't answer my calls or emails. I know this sounds like a stalker but we were engaged for god's sake. I'm not just some one night stand. And now I'm thinking because I was on an antidepressant I made the worst decision of my life. I am highly emotional right now and so very depressed

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 3 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello my name is John. Please give me a moment as I look over your question.
Can you tell me more? Why you broke it off to begin with? Any details would be helpful. Thank you!
I broke it off for a number of reasons. He used marijuana habitually. He was stoned all day every day. He was arrested twice and one arrest resulted in a felony where he was on probabtion and I had to amend my life because of the threat of a probation officer coming to my house. I couldn't have wine. He lied all the time. He talked to his mother like they were school girls and told her every facet of our life. She had no boundaries and saw me as a threat and would manipulate him in order to be the dominate lady in his life. He didn't tell me before we got engaged he hadn't paid taxes in years. He also hadn't paid any of his bills in years. I'd catch him going through my emails. He suffocated me. He never listened to me. He was narcissistic. He was always playing games with my mind. It was unhealthy. But again, almost like a drug. Of which, I became addicted to.
We had the best physical connection of our lives. When we were intimate it was almost a spiritual experience. Something of which I'm sure I'll never encounter again. It was how we communicated best. After we had sex, all tension or misunderstanding between us was gone and we were on the same plane. He did love me fiercely. But I think he just loved himself a lot more.
I think you made the right decision. If you are thinking he might change for the better, you are betting against the odds. If he is narcissistic now, he wil be 10
years from now. I know the sex is good, but sex does not equal love. If you get back with him, you are looking at more irresponsibility, selfishness, and rudeness. I think you made the right decision.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)