Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I am upset and worried because my boyfriend and I are not…

Hello, I am upset and worried...
I am upset and worried because my boyfriend and I are not getting along anymore. I read a book and realized that he is using verbal abuse to supposedly help me but all he does is make me feel worst.
I don’t feel the love I used to feel for him. It’s mostly good in our relationship but I feel alone even when we are together.
If you need more details let me know. I am sad and worried about it that’s why I need help.
11/18/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Thanks for being open about things. Often when couples fight the feelings if love may dwindle so it is important that you speak openly about things and about how you are feeling. It is possible that just by expressing how you feel and being open to hear his feelings as well that a new closeness and desire to work on things can develop. Give yourself that opportunity I really figuring out how you feel and discussing it all with him and see if he can listen and make some changes so that you both can feel good in this relationship. If after doing that nothing changes and you will have to ask yourself as to whether it is the right relationship for you long term.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC