Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My ex and I of 2 YRS broke up in the beginning of Sept (she…

Customer Question
My ex and I of...
My ex and I of 2 YRS broke up in the beginning of Sept (she broke up with me because she said I wasn't who I used to be ans i created doubt in her mind about us). A week after we broke up she started dating someone else (a coworker who was in her face when he seen we were having a bad time). She said it was nice having someone there and not having to worry about anything. And he makes her really happy and they love each other. Now for all of Sept and Oct we saw each other at least once a week and we were still having sex so she was cheating their first two months together but We stopped the end of Oct. And one of the last time we had sex she told me "I love you i want you i just can't right now". Every time we see each other i tried to make sure it was no arguing no talking about our break up and just tried to make sure we had fun and laughed. It didn't happen every time. But I tried. But The last 4 times we spent time together and she kept calling me "babe" and "baby" even at the start of nov when I started no contact, she did it the last time we saw each other. She talked to my cousin this week and told him that she'll never stop loving but I needed to get my shit together. She said that the person she is seeing now she's really happy with and it's unexpected and bad timing because of how things ended with her and I. But She also told him that she won't stop loving me or thinking about me. And it's still hard for her to be around me because she still cares and loves me so much. Now I have been working very hard to get myself together (which she told me that's what she wanted to see and would make her very happy) but I'm doing it to make myself happier. but I think she's planning on proposing next month. I don't know what I should do. My anxiety and depression are kicking in once I found all this out and now I can't stop thinking about her right....
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Relationship
11/18/2017
Counselor: Rosemary S., Human Services Counseling replied 8 months ago
Rosemary S.
Rosemary S., Human Services Counseling

From the information you provided, it sounds as if your

ex-girlfriend is having difficulty deciding whom she chooses

to be romantically involved with.

Perhaps your relationship, or her feelings about it, are not as

strong as either of you may feel they are.

If she immediately started dating someone else a week after

the two of you had broken up, it may be clear indication of this.

for the breakup.

Usually, it takes both people involved to cause the breakup.

Nevertheless, perhaps the two of you need to get some couples

counseling together.

However, before pursuing the counseling option, there first needs to be

an understanding that neither of you will be romantically involved

with a 'third party' during this time period. (If the two of you should

decide to seek counseling together.)

If one of the people involved in the relationship is unwilling to stop

seeing the other person, then this may give a clear indication as

to where the situation really stands.

If you both agree to this, and the two of you decide to pursue

some counseling together; a good place to start is with

your own physician, or the local hospital's referral service.

If finances are a factor, then you should explain this upfront; and

perhaps the service will be able to direct you to a professional

who charges less money, or allows for installment plans.

Good luck.

*Legal Disclaimer: The information provided above, is general information only and is not intended to serve as a long, or short term, professional relationship. By providing the above information, I am not engaging in a 'relationship designee - client relationship' with you. The above information is only intended to provide general information. The fee that you may pay me, is for general information only. No part of this disclaimer can be reproduced, or copied, without the express consent of Rosemary S., the owner.

**I accidentally 'opted out. ' Sorry, this

wasn't my intention. Re-submitting my

answer, for payment consideration. Thank you.

______________________________________

to be romantically involved with.

for the breakup.

counseling together.

decide to seek counseling together.)

to where the situation really stands.

Good luck.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.