Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

The guy who came to my house on a second date is asking to…

Hi Jen The guy who came...
Hi Jen
The guy who came to my house on a second date is asking to spend time with me again on the weekend. I did not yet reply. He said that this time he will bring his guitar.
I am confused. I have mixed feelings for him and mostly I am not sure at all. He stayed too long and now bring his guitar where ? to my house again ? I am not clear if I should
give this another try. Dee
11/16/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Why does every date happen at your house? Someone wants to date you they can take you out for a proper dinner. Yes I am old-fashioned but I believe you are too.
that is right. The jargan "bring guitar" , my first thoughts are , bring the guitar where ?
I texted him back saying ... "Where will this handsome guy bring his guitar ?" I said this because he referred to himself as handsome in his playful text. Will let you know what he replies
Just so you know , if it means anything ...
He brought dinner and flowers to my house when he was over but stayed way too long. It concerned me
I hope he doesn't want to bring it to my house, because one time at my house is one thing, but for this to be a constant habit isn't right for me
Seems like the desire is to create intimacy quickly. I am not sure that this is what you want for yourself.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
I don't have that desire.
Are you saying this is his desire ?
Oh I see what you mean
I almost missed that fact, thanks
I'm coming over last week and staying too long now wanting a second date and saying he will bring his guitar to your home it sounds to me that is interest mail I only in having some intimacy.
It amazes me that I didn't see this clearly enough , thank you .
Will keep you updated. No, that isn't my agenda, but it seems like his.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.