Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Over the weekend she liked a lightning compilation video I…

Hi Jen :)Over the weekend...
Hi Jen :)Over the weekend she liked a lightning compilation video I made from the video captured on my drone, so I gather she is saying she is still around... Got really excited on Friday night as I finally got my project 4x4 driving again, wanted to share the news and pics of of it at my mates workshop (something she has been following me on) then I remembered that I should let her be for a bit, just wondering how remind her I am still here (had to keep telling her she can let everything out around me and use me as her rock) she also doesn't like troubling people, nor does she like venturing out of the "cage" she has built around herself. While we were around each other she slowly ventured out and opened up, as I said a while back her mum said she was really talking to her a lot moreMy priority atm with Emma is to help her overcome her fears of "what if" as I know that is what is causing her to fight it out with herself, this is only going on the information said to me, and what I've been told from her mum and a mutual friend...When she told me she wanted to move here to Perth earlier in the year you could tell she meant it, but wasn't convinced she could follow through, the same thing when she said she was going to finally leave Paul, you could tell she had to psych herself up to even say that...So basically I want to be that same light to her now as I was when we were face to faceHow do you suggest I go about it all?
11/15/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
The best way to go about it is to let her come to it on her own. You are her rock and she knows that but if you try to show her that you are that and continue to let her know that you can be all those things for her it could feel overwhelming and scary. So yes you still need to let her be for a bit and let her come to you in her own way and in her own time. I know how tough that is but it is really the only course of action that has any chance for her to feel safe enough to move toward you.
I can see exactly where you are coming from, as I have said previously I stuff things up from panicking...
I truly understand that panic and I am so proud of you for reaching out to me when those feelings come up so that we can process it and keep you grounded during those rough moments. Follow our plan and let's see how it goes but as you can see she does reach out in her way so let her be the guide.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Thank you :)I'm sure you will hear back from me again before too long...
My pleasure always. I am here with you.
Have a good day :)
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.