Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

What is the proper way for a widower to introduce his girl…

Customer Question
What is the proper...

What is the proper way for a widower to introduce his girl friend to his mother in law?

Expert's Assistant: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Etiquette Expert can help you best.

My wife has been gone for 1 1/2 years. I told my mother in law I was going to start dating after about 1 year. My mother in law said she was happy for me. and she meant it. I want to bring Stephanie to Thanksgiving Dinner with my in laws. I just want to do it right. Introductions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 8 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
It sounds like you have a terrific relationship with your in-laws. I think the key is no surprises. Warn her ahead of time. Actually, get her permission. If she is true to form, there should be nothing to worry about. Just introduce as you would to anybody else. Did I answer your question?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.