Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I asked my boyfriend of several years why our sex life

changed, not as much passion...
I asked my boyfriend of several years why our sex life changed, not as much passion, sex didn’t seem important to him anymore. He told me I am not sexy, I do not dress sexy in bed for him. I told him I wear thongs because I know he likes them. He says “I guess you are not wearing the kind I like” I’m stunned I tell him I wear all different kinds so what kind do you like & he says “I don’t know” you just aren’t sexy you don’t turn me on. Says he loves me and his feelings haven’t changed - I haven’t changed/no weight gain or anything so how could I all of a sudden not be sexy and unable to turn him on, I don’t understand
10/20/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is*****’t take it personal. I would say the problem is him, not to you. Now, honestly a couple’s desires Do you change as time expires. I just find his statements very troublesome. I have been married for over 30 years and still find my spouse very sexy.
The fact is, In tests they have found out arousal is peak the first several months in a relationship. It is perfectly normal for Dr. to diminish overtime. What is not normal, is for a gentleman to put the blame on his partner as your BF did.
Does that Make sense to you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. Why would he never said anything, he just continued to disappoint me every time I visited him - I had to be the one to finally bring it up. 2. He never did tell me what he likes so - how can I fix it/did he even want to fix it?
1. I figure he feared you would react and it would ruin his chances of intimacy that night. You are better than nothing.2. There is no way for you to know what he wants. Since you are not the problem anyway, I wouldn’t worry myself over it.My thoughts are, this fella is not worth worry. He is the one who needs to make changes, not you.
I hope that wasn’t too harsh. I know you care about them, or you would not be asking. You’re evidently In a slump. Unless he Acknowledges he is the least part of the problem, you’ll never find the solution.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He isn’t worth it, he is childish in that he won’t discuss problems or make changes so clearly he doesn’t make me happy and that’s not going to change either with his attitude. Not sure why I continue to be bothered by his comments about me not being sexy that’s just his opinion
You are correct. Actually, it is just his excuse for not satisfying you.
Please do me a favor and rate my answer so that I can be credited for it
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)