Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I am a 39 year old single male. I am frustrated that I am…

Hello - I am a...
Hello - I am a 39 year old single male. I am frustrated that I am still single and will probably never have children. Can you give me an idea of how many people both male and female are in my position? How many guys end up having children in their 40's. Some data would really make me feel better!
10/15/2017
VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse (RN)

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

According to a Stanford University study published just this month in the journal Human Reproduction, one in six men become fathers for the first time after age 40 and the numbers and percentages have grown with each decade as people delay getting married. Women also are getting older before they have their first child. There were nearly 7 million children born to first-time fathers over the age of 40 in the last study period (ending 2014).

VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse (RN)
Thank you that is good information. I guess I am not alone but it sure feels like it.