Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I feel less guilt by not getting back to the guy who we

spoke of earlier right away. This...
I feel less guilt by not getting back to the guy who we spoke of earlier right away.
This is because as you pointed out, he has a tendency to ignore my boundries.
He texted me "where are you" about an hour ago and I didn't respond.
He is pushing to see me most nights of the week. I am often going along as however horrible this may sound... I have not much else to do and we are good friends.
Some chemistry exists, yet not tons.
How important is chemistry ? I know if fades anyway. It is just that if and when any chemistry fades between us, it just may be reduced to a boring friendship. He is
smart and a great conversationalist and we connect on many levels.
I just want to know if you feel a good deal of chemistry is important.
that's all .
thanks for time today
10/13/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Chemistry is very important...even if you pushed that thought away it creeps back in. Because of your history, I worry when you say you go along with things...my hope for you is always to speak your mind and do as you desire...not what someone else pushes you to do.

You hit the nail on the head. His pushiness highlights my weakness as to how I tend to go along with things.
I need to learn from all of this and exercise assertiveness, every chance I get.
Thanks for being here for me. I am a work in progress.

We all are so go easy on yourself...these are great learning experiences for you and they are all a spring board for you.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
ps I have some chemistry for him.
Worked up to about a 4 on a scale from 1 through 10.
No butterflies or eager to see him etc..
Working with you makes me see that he may not be a long term contender.
This scares me too. That means being alone forever how long.
Currently he is a fun, comfortable companion.
I will always feel like something is missing and will have the urge to chase it like I am doing now.
At least I didn't hide it from him. Let things work out the way they are supposed to work out as I follow my heart.
Plus my interactions with you help me revisit reality.
spoken by a woman who has done a ton of work. Well done. great job. Thank you for the wonderful rating and bonus as always it is truly heartfelt and my pleasure to work with you.
Thanks, ***** ***** lucky to have found you.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC