Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I would just like some advice on someone i met. Its brand

Hi - I would just...
Hi - I would just like some advice on someone i met. Its brand new but i would like some feedback as to if you think he is interested or not. And, how do guys normally act initially. Im sure its not like females but just want some insight.I have been talking to someone from a dating site and we finally met last week. Prior to meeting we spoke sporadically over the summer. A few messages here and there, then maybe a week or even a month went by. We exchanged numbers and text a few times. A week or so would go by and then he called. Great conversation. Tried to get to know me by asking questions and just talking about our summer etc. Afterwards the texting was sporadic. He doesnt seem like a big texter which is okay, but im just used to that more than talking on the phone. So last week he called again and we had like a 3 hour conversation. It was nice. I think I mentioned that he is pretty sporadic with texting and it is hard to get to know someone like that. He agreed and said he does better on the phone than text ( He is 38 by the way) . He said we had a great conversation and got to know more about each other in that 1 conversation that we did in texting over 2 weeks. He said we should def meet up. So , the following night ( last friday) we met.
I met at his house. He is very much into construction and asked if i wanted to see the work he is doing on remodeling his home then go to get something to eat. So we drove to the eatery and had drinks and food. Good time! We talked a lot. he was very interested in hearing about what my plans are with my masters, talked about our families, showed me pictures of vacations, and even gave me advice on how to improve the marketing in our family business. Very good convo. So afterwards, he asked if i wanted to go somewhere else ( i figured that was a good sign right?). We went to another bar for a few . afterwards he asked if i wanted to come inside for a few. I was hesitant but said yea. We just watched tv for a few. We kissed when i was leaving.The next day he text me and we spoke a little sporadically. he was doing more construction work. I was supposed to go out but when my plans fell through that night he asked if i wanted to hang out. I said yea. So I went to his place and we watched a movie. Cuddled and kissed type of thing. I wasnt there too long because i had gotten there late. So he walked me to my car and he text me saying drive safe. I said thank u and it was nice to see him tonight. he didnt respond ( I think immediately thought negatively at that point)So the next day came and he called. we spoke for a few min but then he asked if he could call me back. he did but i was out to dinner with my family. so he text me saying he called me back. we text for a few then the convo died out.The next day ( monday) i text him and we exchanged a few texts. Just " how is your day going" type of thing. Tuesday I did not speak to him. Wednesday he called. We spoke for a few then he asked if he could call me back because he had to call his niece. He never ended up calling me back but text me saying he was at the gym. I kind of called him out on it and said it wasnt cool that he never called me back and just thought nothing of it. Im not one to get mad if someone doesnt call me back but i told him he should have at least apologized ( no?) .So he said... when was the last time you called me? He said he tries to call more than text because it shows the other person that u want to talk to them more. ( good point). The next day ( yesterday) i text him saying i hope he is having a good day and wanted to call but i know he is at work. I said if you are free later on give me a call. He text back saying i hope you are having a good day too. I said thank you. I said i am going to pick up my car from the body shop . he responded with " sweet" .Short answer. He never called and here i am today. (Friday). What would you make of this situation? Am i reading into things too much? Im not one to pursue guys or chase them. Im not very vocal about my feelings right away because i am afraid of getting hurt. I think this initial phase of online dating is horrible. Any advice?
10/13/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** think he is definitely interested. I think you two could both let a good thing slip away by beating around the bush. My thoughts are let him know you feel like you two hit on a good deal with the online thing. Don’t push too hard, but let him know you are interested. Oh, I wouldn’t make too big a deal about him not calling. Things come up. Honestly, I think you two have potential. See where it goes...Does that make sense?
makes sense. it just throws me off because he hasnt called much or we havent text much throughout the week. i just figured if a guy was interested he would do more of that? i know thats how girls are lol.I was thinking of telling him that i am interested as well. but i dont know if it is too soon. i only met him a week ago? i was thinking of maybe saying something after this weekend if he doesnt ask to see me. thoughts?
side note- i think my question got reposted again to the forum. disregard if it gets sent to you again. i dont know how that happened
You have a better feeling for this guy than I do. I sense he is a little shy. I personally see nothing wrong with you contacting him and taking the lead o this weekend. That seems less uncomfortable than contacting if he doesn’t contact you.
I hope I have been a help you. If so , you please rate my answer accordingly so I receive credit for it
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)