Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Here's the deal. My girlfriend of 3 and a half years has…

here's the deal. My...
here's the deal. My girlfriend of 3 and a half years has been "sexting" with another guy. Not a stranger by the way, someone she has had meetings with (professionally I'm told) and knows, she has even met his family. This man's wife sent me the texts and they are very explicit, my GF event sent him photos of herself (naked). She says she is sorry and that nothing happened and that it was all innocent fun. Ok, possibly I guess but still hurts.
Now the background, this is not the first time, I caught her 2 years ago doing the same thing with a co-worker so this is not an isolated event. As well, one of my friends saw her out to dinner with an ex-boyfriend while I was out of town and on another occasion (again when I was out of town) she told me she was running to the store but in fact another of my friends saw her at a bar downtown.I'm neither blind nor stupid, but when I'm in town we have the best time, (and yes my job has me travel a lot, so I share some blame for not always being there), she has asked again for me to forgive and that we move forward. I don't hate her or am not really angry, I just feel that this will not be the last time and that her grief is only because she got caught. (she does know that I know about her dinner dates with her ex).Seriously, i don't know what to do. Help!
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2017
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

Oh, sweet soul, you deserve to be loved and loved deeply. Most of all, you deserve to have a woman in your life who you trust immensely. Sadly the woman you are with does not honor and respect you as a person or love you enough to be true and honest.

I realize you are not angry but i imagine you are enormously hurt. Perhaps you have pushed your feelings down or this has become normalized behavior in your relationship--either way, this is not healthy and is beyond toxic.

I understand the two of you have a nice time when you are together but there are plenty of women who you can have a nice evening with. Please, I beg you, move forward as I fear the woman you are with is unable or unwilling to fully commit to the relationship you share.

I am so sorry as I imagine this is not what you want to hear. But please know you deserve so much more.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.