Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I want my gf back it's messing up my daily routine. She

Customer Question
I want my gf...

I want my gf back it's messing up my daily routine

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

She broke up with me 2months ago, she's 22 and I am 20 years old. She feels I won't be ready on time to get married to her. I tried make her understand that she should not worry and believe in me and everything will be fine. Now she says she doesn't love me. Then she still wants me to be there for her. I don't know what she wants and she's not in the same city with me. Her hot and cold attitude towards me is driving me crazy.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I am having issues in concentrating because of this. It's affecting my academics.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Relationship
9/24/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 10 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

I am sorry to hear of your pain around this....she is hot and cold most likely because she is unclear about her decision so she does this push-pull thing. If you can tolerate it, I would try at this point not to have contact with her..let her miss you and desire to come back. If she has you around when she needs you then there isn't any opportunity for her to miss what she had and want to come back. She can't have her cake and eat it too..meaning..breaking up with you but then keeping you around so you can be there for her. I know it is hard and you are not concentrating well, but as best you can stay strong and focus on you now.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.