Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

What recommendation can you give for a married couple of 33…

What recommendation can you give...
What recommendation can you give for a married couple of 33 years that have not shared any type of intimacy in years, live in the same house but in separate rooms. One spouse only wants to be married in order to be supported and not work; therefore, would not want a divorce. Any advice?
9/21/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Sounds like a very tough way to live and not really a marriage...it is not just about intimacy but true and deep connection. So it comes down to whether you want to continue to live like this or take the step to end the marriage. If they are only staying in the marriage to be supported and not work, that does not mean you need to sign onto that plan. What do you want for yourself moving forward...that is the question you need to ask yourself.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC