Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

If a man loves his ex-wife is it unreasonable for his new

If a man loves his ex-wife is it unreasonable for his new relationship (girlfriend) not to accept it; or is it immature or selfish ?

Well, I suppose it can go both ways. If the man will always love her but has no contact with her then I think it is reasonable. However, if the man wants to get back with her or sees her constantly when he doesn't need to then I would say that is unreasonable and the girlfriend would have a right to be mad. Any thoughts?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Well you did not answer the question completely, does the girlfriend seem immature or selfish in not accepting the fact the man may still love his wife (and NO he does not have contact with the ex-wife) ?
Thus is not a black or white question. Does the man wish he was still with her? Does he talk about her. Does he compare his girlfriend to her.