Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Second opinion] I'm 18 and at my first year of college. I…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I'm 18 and...
Second opinion] I'm 18 and at my first year of college. I have continued smoking here at college since I started the habit at 14 and have made some new smoking friends. There is one girl I have met and talked to while smoking who I like and I asked her out and she said yes. She told me though she is just an occasional smoker but I feel that she is smoking more. It's fun to hang with her and smoke but I feel that she will start the habit regularly if I smoke around her and she bums them. She seems like she is smoking more. I am not sure what to do. Part of me says let her smoke if she wants to but I also feel guilty that she seems to want to smoke more often.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Relationship
9/15/2017
Counselor: Michael, Librarian replied 11 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good morning Matt,

Not going to preach about trying to stop this habit (although it might be something you could consider as tough as it is I know). Since you have met up with this girl who sounds like a great person to be around, consider going out places that do not allow for smoking in their area. Dinner for example or a movie. If you feel the need to smoke, then step outside quickly and smoke as the urge might be less as the night goes on. See about having outings with the friends in places that do not allow smoking as that could slow the urge to want to smoke. Keeping busy will cause the urge to lessen I believe.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.