TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I am having a problem biting my tongue with my future

Customer Question

I am having a problem biting my tongue with my future daughter-in-law. She is so disrespectful to my son, who treats her like a princess. I'm not foolish enough to believe that my son is a saint. My son does have a very kind heart and will do anything that this woman asks. I have overheard her call him "stupid" and yelling at him for things that other people have done. He waits on her hand and foot, but I have NEVER seen her do anything kind for him. Obviously others have noticed it and said the same thing. Our family has always been very close. We have 2 other sons who are married and she is now causing problems with them and their spouses. She let it slip over the weekend
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: In front of me that she doesn't want children. My son is not aware of this. He loves children. I just don't know whether I should talk to her or not.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. SO let me clarify. You are talking about this daughter-in-law treating her fiance, your son, terrible? Has he confided in you about any problems he is experiencing with her? Is she doing anything directly to you that is out of line? Would your son want you to talk to him or her?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Last night, I signed up for the trial membership, which states I would get an answer in 30 minutes or less. I did not. This is the second time this has happened. Please cancel my membership.