Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I was married for 12 years. Divorced for 5 of which 3 I was…

Customer Question
I was married for...

I was married for 12 years. Divorced for 5 of which 3 I was in a bad relationship. I met a man and we had a TON of fun! We moved in together. Within a year my career soared, I turned 40 and my youngest moved away to college. The guy I live with now has a young daughter which keeps us home at times I am dying to go out (I feel a real sense of freedom now). The guy has unintentionally done things that hurt my feelings and I can't get over them..I'm not sure if it's because I'm holding onto those things to find a reason to leave or if I should just go and quit fighting the fact that I want to be truly independent in my early 40s. That's it in a nutshell

Expert's Assistant: This sounds like a can of worms I'm glad not to have to open. The Psychologist will do a great job for you. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I can't stand him touching me in any way. He repulses me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Relationship
9/7/2017
Counselor: Dr.G., Psychologist replied 11 months ago
Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist

Hi there. What can I help you with? It sounds like you are ready to be done with the relationship. Why won't you leave?