Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I met a woman thru dating site we went on 3/4 lunch/dinner

dates and she felt comfortable...
i met a woman thru dating site we went on 3/4 lunch/dinner dates and she felt comfortable with me so she started coming home, and we also ram some home errands togatherapparently she seems to be easy going person. On our 5th date we started kissing and then i offered her shoulder massage, so i walk her upto my bedroom and after sometime i start undressing her and moving my hands around and asked her if we can make love and she said it's too soon but said she felt comfortable with me and i just played along. On the sixth date she came home and was feeling sleepy, so we again go to my bedroom and this time we both get undressed and have a light blanket onand i cuddle up from behind with her and we take a small rest, after that i start tonguing her smooth body and move my hands toward lower part and then ask her again if its okay lets make love she kind of avoids by saying oh i am just relaxing and smiling says kind of no and after that she comes again to my home but says lets take walk otherwise we will endup in bedroom. I am confused that if she never wanted to make love why would she get naked and lay besides me and I asked her why ? - she answers because she knew i would not do it and wanted to feel comfortable . But now suddenly she is trying to distance herself from me by saying she is busy with some church activities which maybe true. Also doesnt no longer do the deep kissing but on the 6th date she sat on my lap and was wildly tonguing me.....I am confused, is she seeing someone and lying to me now and i did ask her if she is no longer interested but she asks me why i think like that. Now, I asked her several times if she loves me and just calmly says she will tell me when she feels like that.
I am confused, is she doing multiple dates - should i just say I am no longer interested because it's like taking forever?
8/21/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Hi. I do not think this is about her dating anyone else. I think she wants to take things slowly and has indicated that to you...I think she has done what she has with you because that is where her comfort lies and not going any further at this time. It is quite possible she is feeling pressure from you and that is why she is pulling back. If you care for her and want to build something long lasting then you might not push the issue about making love and just enjoy talking, kissing, laying together, etc. If you are wanting to end things because she isn't ready to make love then you may miss the opportunity to get closer. She may need to have more control over things and go at her pace but it comes down to you as to whether you desire to slow the pace down and enjoy these moments without the end goal being love making.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Thanks for your realistic analysis and supports her indication she wants to take more time although I have expressed my intentions of longterm relationship with an official social union as close as in thanksgiving.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC