Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I'm going crazy. I've been dating someone for six months.

I'm going crazy. I've been...
I'm going crazy. I've been dating someone for six months. His sister put a comment on his fb saying that hopefully me and her would be sister inlaws one day. He got upset because she posted it and unfriended her. She told me it want right because that means he's embarrassed of me. And doesn't want people to know about me. That he's still playing the field.
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I told her that I still cared for him and that I had no proof of that. She said it want right that he infriended her but not me. And that he only didn't friend me cause I was having sex with him. That in just someone giving him sex. She said I should brake up with him. But I told her that I didn't want to and that I was falling for him. And we have fun when we're together Because I didn't break up with him. She got upset and told me not to call her anymore and then called her other sister telling her that I should brake up with him because he was just using me. The other sister called me up and told me to not brake up just because of what her sister says. To do what I feel is right a couple of days later I called my bf but he didn't take my call. I don't know what yo go because I want to talk to him to see what was said.
I really feel like we need to talk and I want to visit him at his home.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/16/2017
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

It sounds like this sister has a lot of jealousy and is enjoying causing a problem between the two of you. She may even be saying things to your boyfriend to cause drama. I would let things be for a bit and certainly do not make contact with her and give him a few days to reach out to you....he may need some time to figure this all out for himself without all the chaos she has caused. If he doesn't reach out in a few days then I would send him a text and let him know you miss him and would love to know what he is feeling and thinking. Then let things be and let him come to you...if he doesn't then he may not be interested in pursuing things any further.

I'm not sure if his sister has upset him. But I'm pretty sure she did.
At this time him and I haven't argued it anything. Would it be wrong to visit him as if nothing and see his reaction ?

I am sure she has upset him. I am not sure about just showing up...if he is upset for any reason and you show up it could cause him to end things quickly...he may just need time to be on his own to quiet the noise and come back in his own way.

I understand you want to see him and want to see his reaction and get some answers, but my worry is that it could push him away further.

He lives far for work 3 hours away. And comes home on weekends.
I usually text him "good morning " should I continue as usual . Then text him later in a couple of days

You recently reached out him him and he didn't respond? If so, I would not text and let him come to you.

trying to talk isn't a good idea? I feel like she told h lies. He used to always tell me that his sister was a lot of drama

Talking is always good, but if he hasn't responded then it may indicate he just wants to be on his own for a bit and not feel pushed. If he knows that about his sister then he will come to that on his own and reconnect with you. If you can give it a day or so without reaching out and then trying, it may be a good plan.

It's so hard. But I guess you're right. I am just going. Racy on this side.
When I do text him in a few days how should I approach it

I totally understand how you feel. Trust the love and care between the two of you.

Your text in a few days can say something like....I am checking in on you to make sure you are okay. I know your head may be spinning, but I am here when you are ready and I love you.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Juliet Cooper
Phone call session started
Should I acknowledge that I think his sister said something. Or just wait a few days and say "Good morning babe, just wanted to say I miss you." Feel like talking ?

I would not...I would stick with what I suggested above.

What if he Doesnt respond? Do I wait again?

Yes you can't force him to respond so if he doesn't there isn't much you can do unfortunately.

If he doesn't respond in a few days should I wait a few weeks and text him again?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC