Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My husband left me out of the blue 5 weeks ago, hes at his

Hi, my husband left me...
Hi, my husband left me out of the blue 5 weeks ago, hes at his parents house, he has been txting me, complimenting me, being positive etc. We have just started marriage counselling at which he said hes unsure if he wants to reconcile. What do his kind gestures etc mean?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: We have a 6 year old
8/15/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello. My name is***** actions definitely reveal at least a desire to make things right. Not to be negative, but the proof is in the pudding. Why exactly did he move out and what would it take for you two to make things right?
Hi john, thank you. My name is ***** ***** have no idea why he left, he just said one day he isnt happy anymore and hasnt been for a while. We dont and havent communicated v well over the years and with one thing or another i think we have neglected each other, not on purpose of course. We both work full time and stressful, emotive jobs and moved 2 years ago and done lots of work to the house during those 2 years. I really want to reconcile and work at our marriage, im trying to be positive and rediscover myself. I just get so confused by his conflicting behaviours.
I am so sorry you are going through this. I am glad you are seeking counseling. Honestly, all you can do is follow his lead. Don't chase him, etc. Make him pursue you. As long as you go after him, he will likely run. Your best hope of catching him is making him cone after you. Does that make sense?
that makes sense, although how do i get him to want to chase me? After a couple of heated arguements in the 1st 2 weeks i have been calmer and more positive around my husband even though im dying inside, is this the sort of thing that will help?
Possibly. There are no guarantees, but honestly, playing it cool is your best bet. An example of what i am talking about is a runaway pet. If you run after it, it'll just run away faster. Your best approach is to sit down and wait on it to come to you.
Would you do me a favor now? Would you please rate my answer so I can receive credit for it?
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)