TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I had an unexpected outburst that caused my significant

Customer Question

I had an unexpected outburst that caused my significant other to leave and he has not responded to a hi text I sent yesterday. our 3 year relationship has always been precarious but things were pretty good lately. trying to figure out why I did this and how to communicate with him.he left saying we should find other people and that's what he was going to do. he was quite disgusted with me when he left, but I had to go to work too. he took the few items he had here which he hasn't done since about 2 years ago when we had a problem
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: he is very jokey yet intelligent and intuitive. no dummy.he said I ust don't do it for him. I'm the one who always wants the relationship more. he treats me okey/demeaning a lot of the time. I waiver from being hapy and axious a lot of the time.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry to hear of the struggle. It sounds like things have been Rocky and even if you lost your temper it sounds like this kind of stuff existed even before this problem and he may be just using this experience as a way to leave the relationship. I would not contact him and I would give him some space and time to sort out what he feels and if he misses you and he will reach back out. If you continue to reach out to him that could push him away as it doesn't give him the time and space to sit with his feelings and possibly miss you and desire to come back.
Please let me know how I can support you further.
I await your thoughts