Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My wife is older and has had more partners than me. She also…

Customer Question
My wife is...

My wife is older and has had more sexual partners than me. She also keeps gifts and pictures of some of them men around the house in plain view. it bothers me because I too have had many women before her but im a firm believer of keeping the past where it belongs. in the past and not in plain sight.just recently I discovered an hidden photo she has kept of a man (musician) she had a one night stand with 20 years ago. It was dear to her because she kept it hidden behind a photo of her and her daughter which is on out night stand next to our bed. ut caused a huge fight..

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

Well, has been inappropriate with things about her and other men. Even at times when we are intimate. Tings like ," he was a good lover." or he gave me five orgasms." and they didn't have sex and made a point of pointing that person out a gathering in a different city. I find it a bit disgusting that she would do that. I would never give details to her like that about me another woman.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Relationship
8/3/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 11 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

I agree with you that all of these things can be quite hurtful and slighting of you and your relationship. I would let her know how you feel...without attacking her or telling her it is inappropriate but rather sharing how it has you feeling when you see these photos and hear the comments. You may feel sad, hurt, less than, etc. Go to her with love and care and maybe she will be able to hear just how hurtful it is. And you can let her know that you also understand how looking back sometimes and reminiscing can help one to feel alive and still sexy and wanted, but that it remains hurtful in full view and a witness to the comments.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.