TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I have a question My ex broke up with me on Saturday and

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question My ex broke up with me on Saturday and today is my fifth day of the no contact rule. However he is going away on holiday with his friends for a week next week Will the no contact rule still work on him? He seems to be really having a lot of fun
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: We were together for 9 months
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.

I a sorry to hear of your struggle and pain around this break up. I would keep up the no contact as if you reach out then he doesn't have the chance to miss you or desire to reconnect. Even if he is traveling, I would not reach out. Giving him space and time could possibly allow him to miss what you have had and want to reconnect. I know you may feel that if you don't reach out and tell him all you feel that he will forget you, but that is unlikely. What is more likely if you reach out is for him to feel pushed. Let him be, even if he is having fun. In the meantime, you get out there and enjoy yourself and live your life and let it all take its natural course.

I await your thoughts.