TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I want to get my ex girl friend back.... we had a bad fight

Customer Question

i want to get my ex girl friend back.... we had a bad fight a week ago and i lashed out at her and somewhat belittled her and now i've realised i have messed up big time. i apologised to her in every possible way and asked for a chance but she is adamant that she will never give me a chance and that we can only be friends and that she doesnt have any feelings for me anymore
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: it was a very messing fight which was carried out by me out of rage. i didnt mean anything about as m short tempered person i tend to lash out
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i love this gal very much and was really thinking of marrying her in couple of years and she too was of the same stand. our relation was just two months old but there was an instant spark between us which led to take such big decisions so soon. i know she still loves me but she isn't admitting it and is adamant of not getting involved again.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just want to win her back and take things slow and preserve the relation for a life time, just hoping to find ways so that she could give me one chance and shed off her ego as of now before its too late.
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry to hear of the struggle between the two of you. She may do very well by having some time on her own and having some space to sort out her feelings for you. It sounds to me as if she is hurt and angry and that may subside if given the time on her own. You've done a great job by apologizing and now give her the space. If she has this space she may begin to miss you and want to reach out. If you continue to reach out to her it may only push her further away. So I know how hard it is to give the space because you feel like you will lose her forever but it is really the only option at this time. she knows how you feel, she knows that you desire to have another chance. Leave her be and let her come back to you if she misses you. That is the best way.
I await your thoughts.