Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have a 9 year old son & I've been dating a guy for about 1…

Customer Question
I have a 9 year...
I have a 9 year old son & I've been dating a guy for about 1 1/2 years that has an 11 year old son, 18 year old daughter & 19 year old son.
My boyfriend does stuff with me & my son.
I met his 11 year old son once & it went well. When the ex wife found out about it, she called him& told him she doesn't want me around him.
Met the 18 year old daughter once-she walked past me & didn't even acknowledge me. The ex also told him that she doesn't need to say hi to me or even acknowledge me. And when I met the 19 year old son, it was pretty much the same way.
What's happening now is that his daughter is getting very jealous.
She's starting with the guilt trip now by saying he doesn't spend any time with them, which is not true...I only see him 4-6 times per month.
She also went onto his instagram account & deleted most of the pictures of me & him, thinking that when I saw that that I would break up with him. He goes along with what she wants/says because he doesn't want to make her mad or have to say no to her, put I feel like my feelings don't matter & I'm getting pushed aside.
Up until now, things were always good between us. He now says he's at a crossroad & our relationship is day by day.
He's hoping that the issue with his daughter is short lived because its the summer & the kids are bored.
I guess I'm trying to figure out what exactly this means, what chances we have of making it through this & what I should be doing.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Relationship
7/31/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 8 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

I am so sorry to hear of this...he is being pulled ans swayed by his kids and ex and it is wearing on him. Give him the time and space to work through it and hopefully things will settle down and he can feel okay about being with you and not letting them rule his life. If he feels pushed he will end things so as best you can be the loving and consistent partner you have been and let things play out and hopefully he comes around and realizes losing you would not be a great thing for him.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC