John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

Well, my husband and I have been separated for about 6

Customer Question

Well, my husband and I have been separated for about 6 months now. He was very angry and rude towards me. It was so unbearable even having a simple conversation. He has not asked for a divorce and as of late been texting me, while at work, keeping me informed of what he is doing but at the end of the work day he stops texting me. Yesterday was my birthday and he had our son give me a card and pretty nice gift card. I'm confused now of where he's going with this. Does this mean he maybe rethinking everything now?
JA: This sounds like a can of worms I'm glad not to have to open. The Psychologist will do a great job for you. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: We do not live together at this time.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 2 months ago.
He very well may be rethinking his commitment. That is common in abusive relationships. That's what yours sounds like to me. He at the very minimum owes you a big apology. I seriously think you need to think long and hard before letting him back in your know your life. He very well may be rethinking whether he wants to lose you or not, but rethinking how he might treat you once he wins you over is possibly a totally different story. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It does make sense but there is no abuse. He didn't become so distant and unbearable until after we separated after 16 years.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's not until recently that he almost seems like his old self again. I don't want to think too much into but recently texts me and than yesterday making sure our son had something to give me when on Mother's Day he made no effort at all.