John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

My ex broke up with me about a month and a half ago, after 4

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: My ex broke up with me about a month and a half ago, after 4 years together stating he " hasn't been feeling it anymore"
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I was so blindsided because his behavior hadnt changed at all! it was the same affection he'd always displayed, the same phone calls during the day to say hi, the good morning messages and good night messages every morning and night We are from two dfferent religions, and his family has been very against it. His father is his work partner and has many times threatened to close his company if he didn't break up with me. He's 30 years old, and still living with them. Could it be that his family stress led him to no longer be in love and therefore he chose to end?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 2 months ago.
it very well could be that. I know it hurts, and you want him back. As it appears right now though, if you are to have a relationship with him, you must accept and impress his family. If I were you, before I would even consider taking him back, I would insist him to break it off with his family. I don't mean he break all ties, but yet their control. Our family raises us to let us go and build a family of our own. Is the not seem willing to do that. Does that make sense to you?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi John,How do I reconsider taking him back if he hasn't spoken to me in any way? I won't chase him, as I think I was the one putting more effort throughout our time together.
To be honest with you, I don't think it is going to happen. I believe he is married to his family. To be straightforward with you,I think you should embrace the good, forget the rest, and start buidling for the future.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think so too. Thank you for your help John.
I hope I was a help. Let me know if there's ever anything else I can do for you. Could you do me a favor now? Please rate my response so I can receive credit for it.