John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

The man who I'm interested in is just getting over a 3 year

Customer Question

The man who I'm interested in is just getting over a 3 year relationship. .we both like each other and have a lot in common. ..how long does it take for him to start a relationship with me?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: We are both in our late 60's...so we don't have a lot of time to waste
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: He wants us to be best friends...but he is ery affectionate with Mr
Category: Relationship
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 2 months ago.
Hi! I'm JOHN. Please give me a moment as I look over your question. I look forward to responding.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Well, that is a touchy subject. You really don't want him to feel pressured, but at the same time, you don't want to sit around waiting on him. I would simply give hi. What he says he wants, friendship. Hold off on the affection. If he wants more than that, he needs to step it up a notch. As How long to give him, that is ultimately your choice. I am thinking a 3 year relationship is a lot to come off of. I would give it at the most six months, but that is me. Was that helpful?