TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband has an affair last month, how to move on if I

Customer Question

My husband has an affair last month, how to move on if I still want this family, we had four kids. But what I know is he said we will try to be a father at this moment and didn't want to do anything in our relationship
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I try to move on but he just doesn't want to try to move on, he even not give us a chance to move on and said we are good in this situation with no talk, not staying in the same house
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry to hear of this pain for you. It sounds like he needs this time and space to figure things out for himself to see whether he can come back and fully be present in the relationship and work on things. It doesn't yet sound fully over so it's best if you can give him the space that he needs. let things be and see if he can come back to you in his own way and his own time. I know that isn't easy but it is your best option at this point.
I await your thoughts.