TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I have a rare medical condition which required me to move

Customer Question

I have a rare medical condition which required me to move back to where my husband and I whete living before in order to get the specialized treatment I need.My husband said he would move back but then he said he would be resentful and has refused to. He is living in our house 250 miles away and sees me once a month. We
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: We are both unhappy with the situation but and I said I want to work something out but evertime I try to discuss it he is mean and insulting. He doesn't call but just comes down onvce a month because he sings at a club and that seems to be enough of a relationship for him. I complain because it isn't for me and he gets angry.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this struggle between you and for the medical issue you are dealing with. I hear the same as you..that he is content to have the relationship be what is is while you desire to have him with you. You clearly are at an impasse...I would continue to talk about how you feel and what you desire but I don't think he is going to change his desire to remain where he is so it may come down to you accepting the current arrangement and enjoying that time together that you do share or deciding that you cannot remain in the marriage in this way. I don't hear that is what you want so acceptance may be your option at this point.