John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I have an issue with my boyfriend about trust, well so i

Customer Question

hi! i have an issue with my boyfriend about trust
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: well so i told a small lie about following my ex on intsagram to avoid confrontation with my boyfriend, and eventually i came clean and he's had a hard time trusting me since then and i gave him all my social media passwords without deleting anything so he can feel like I'm open and that he can trust me. today he found an old conversation with my friend grant back when i was having a hard time in life. I had been dumb and posted a bikini picture on my private instagram and grant had screenshot and sent it to me in october and my boyfriend saw it and is not happy. I just feel like he can't get over my past / trust me and it puts up a barrier because i want to feel like i can tell him things without him getting mad. what do i do
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: no not at the moment
Category: Relationship
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 5 months ago.

It sounds to me you have done your part. You have confessed, sought forgiveness, and made yourself accountable to him. I really see nothing else you can of as far as your past mistake. The ball is in his court now. Honestly, he is in the wrong now. He has made you the victim. You need to tell him you have done all you can do. It is up to him now. You are done playing the bad guy. It is time to turn the table. Does that make sense to you?