Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I am just lost and feel empty. I left my husband a year ago

Customer Question
Hi my name is***** am...
Hi my name is***** am just lost and feel empty. I left my husband a year ago but have wanted to go back for quite sometime now and he seemed like he'd do anything to get me back and now he has met someone and I feel him slipping away and I dint know what to do about it and I'm lost.......
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I left because I wasn't getting treated the way I felt I should and felt like I was the only one fighting for our marriage. I left and thought I'd be back in days but things went so wrong and now I'm just beside myself as what to do.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Relationship
1/3/2017
Counselor: Therapist Leslie, Counselor replied 10 months ago
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor

Good morning, Shirley, and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

Thank you for sharing your story. It certainly sounds like you have been through a lot. I can understand why you are feeling this way. You mentioned you have wanted to go back for quite some time and he was willing to do anything to get you back--if this is indeed the case, why did you not return? This makes me believe deep down you realized there were so many things standing in the way of the two of you having a healthy relationship. This also makes me think you know in your heart of hearts you deserved so much more. Perhaps a part of you is not yet willing to close the door? Perhaps a part of you was hoping he might change in some way? You need to believe you left for a reason and stay true to this decision. The feelings of loneliness are intolerable but this does not mean he needs to be in your life. You deserve so much, sweet soul and wanting a man who does not treat you well to fill a lonely void is not the answer. I am so sorry this is your reality but please try to surround yourself with those you love--good friends and family. In time, the cloud will life and you will find the clarity you long for.

“Tough times don’t last – tough people do.” Repeat this to yourself as often as you need to. From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story – a story that says,“I learned and I survived.” There are moments when troubles enter your life and you can do nothing to avoid them, but they are there for a reason. Only when you have overcome them will you understand why they were there. So be brave and press forward. You will not see the light at the end of the tunnel until you walk through the darkness. Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided. Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Warm regards,Therapist Leslie
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor