Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

She is about 34 an has a serious crush on me. I myself

developed butterfly feelings over the...
She is about 34 an has a serious crush on me. I myself developed butterfly feelings over the last three months or so. There is one possible problem. I am 52 years even though appearing in my mid forties many people say. We spoke each other briefly from time to time. Its difficult because she works i a shop.
My plan is to invite her for a nice conversation in order to get to know each other much better and I am going to tell her my age. I know the consequences of age-difference. Better now to have the pain than much later on a broken heart, and that counts for both of us. Am I to old for her?
12/13/2016
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

I am glad you are being mindful of things, but relationships are about connection and not about age when you are two consenting adults. May you be in different places in your life because of age..yes? But that doesn't mean you can't connect and build something. I would, as you plan to, let her know your age so all the cards are on the table. So hopefully in that conversation you ask her for, you both open up, get to know one another and take it from there!

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.