Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have a question regarding whether i should apologize to a…

Good morning Expert's Assistant:...

Good morning

Expert's Assistant: Hi. What seems to be the problem?

I have a question regarding whether i should apologize to a girl or not

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

Its a long story, I met this German girl a year ago. We've went out a couple of times over the year until recently she moved back to Germany (from Australia) due to visa expiration.

Expert's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

On our last meeting, we agreed to keep in contact but since then she haven't replied to any of my messages or email (2 txt messages and 1 email).

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

I think on our last meeting, i wasn't careful with hygiene and I remember getting a stomach ache and sick afterwards . I think this may affected her as well I want to apologize to her but at the same time I'm really angry at her for not responding

12/4/2016
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

If she hasn't responded to previous texts, she may not respond to this one as well, but if you feel that apologizing to her for not feeling well and maybe her feeling the same, then of course you can reach out. I hope she responds as it sounds like you care for her, but if she doesn't then I would just let things be.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know she will be back in 3 months time. When i see her again, should I bring it up / apologize to her? I feel really guilty but also really angry. From her perspective, would it be better if i never mention it?

I am unclear as to why she isn't responding to you? Has she lost interest? She may not even feel that you did anything wrong around this issue...but you can always bring it up when you see her again so you can clear the air at least for yourself.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a casual thing. We weren't ever boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm not sure if she's received my text message overseas but she has not replied to an email I've sent (just a friendly greeting). I don't want to send anymore messages or email as I think it makes me feel pathetic.Thanks, ***** ***** bring it up just to clear things up for myself.

That sounds like a great plan. Leave things for now and when you reconnect you can clear it all up and either way, you can rest assured that you did all you could to check in with her and make sure all was well.

Please take a moment to click the rating stars to rate my support. Thank you in advance for taking care of the rating.

Jen

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should i express how hurt she made me feel? I think not responding and leaving me all confused is worse than saying its over.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Or should i just be glad to see her and apologize and never see her again afterwards (if she is not apologetic)?

I am always for open communication so if you were feeling hurt, then discussing it with her could be helpful to ease things.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would it appear desperate to her / kill the mood of the meeting?

It could make things a bit heavy so play it by ear and see how you are connecting and if all feels fine then you can maybe let it go and just focus on moving forward.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cool, i will see how it goes. If she is really happy to see me then i will not mention how upset she made me.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.