Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My husband always lacked interest at home and was never

Hi My husband always lacked interest...
Hi
My husband always lacked interest at home and was never homealways outside claiming to be at football , in 16 years of marriage and 3 kids I found from doctor that got sexually transmitted infection that is spread by multiple sexual partners. After talking to my husband he first made stories that did not match data and then said he recently started going with prostitute. Because you were busy at your work that I only started when he asked me.is his behaviour justified
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is what I texted my husband
1. You sleep alone to avoid responsibility of looking after your son
2. You are always out hanging for soccer instead of spending time with your family
3. You are always on phone even when we are talking to you you never pay attention
4. You were not home on my birthday and have also avoided your kids birthday
5. You never find time for your family outings
6. You never speak nicely to any of us
7. You never kiss me or hug me
8. You always use your strong words or beat me or the kids
9. You betrayed my trust 3 years ago when in a marital relationship
10 you have gone behind my back with a prostitute
11. You have never shared kids or my interest together
12. You have never spent your leisure time with us.
13 looking at all these points you want me to be cuddly. I am a human being I have feelings, I need a man who treats me like a lady, gives me respect of a wife, respects my opinion and interest , takes responsibility for our kids, spends time home and find means to get excitement and doing this as an inner instinct and doing it daily. Help raise kids in a holistic way as not one off doing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now I do not see any repent in him he is blaming me
11/22/2016
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor

Good morning and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area of the United States.

Ohhhh sweet soul, you are with a horribly abusive man. My heart aches absolutely aches for you. I imagine you are overwhelmed and scared...afraid of what should happen next. You have essentially been raising your children and maintaining your home by yourself your entire marriage as he is completely absent emotionally and physically.

He is blaming you because he know he got called on the carpet. He doesn't know what else to do so he's trying to justify his heinous behavior by making you feel badly. Nothing he tells you is true in this...please do not take it to heart. He is desperate to find excuses and will try to say hurtful things. Sadly this man is toxic.

I worry about you and your children's safety. You mentioned he beats you and I fear for all of you. Have you told family or friends about this? Have you gone to the police? I want to ensure you and your children are safe.

Have you decided what to do moving forward? Do you have a plan in place?

Forgive all of the questions....I want to get a better understanding of where you are at.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Good evening,

I just wanted to check in as I haven't heard from you. Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can assist you with?

I gently request you provide a star rating for me so I may be compensated. Of course, we can continue to talk after a rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to forget my past abusive and terrifying relationship what is the most powerful thing tobdo

Good afternoon,

I'm assuming you are talking about your current relationship? Is this correct? Or another relationship from the past?

The man you are with is abusive and sadly, for you and your children's safety, you need to move forward. I would reach out for professional help from either woman's domestic violence shelter or therapist to ensure you on the right path. They will help you put together a solid plan for how you can move forward. Once you are settled in a safe place, you can then begin the crucial healing, necessary for a better future.

Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.