CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
92608932

I want to have sex with my mom. The problem is she's a

Customer Question

I want to have sex with my mom.
The problem is she's a Christian and she's not allowed to have sex with anyone whose not her husband.
Please help!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  CounselorJules replied 9 months ago.

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your thorough reply briefly :)

I would like to address your question in a very serious manner. If you are having impulses of sexual attraction to your mother, I hope that you will take a moment and process the following. One you may be dealing with what was once called an "Oedipus complex." In this you have sexually explicit feelings toward the parent of your opposite sex. The etiology or origin of this may be that your mother demonstrated these nurturing qualities that were attractive to you. Another thing to consider is if these thoughts are related to obsessive compulsive disorder. Many people are not aware that an aspect of OCD is ruminating thoughts that are often sexual and disturbing in nature. You may be having these thoughts of your mother because she symbolizes something that you seek in your other relationships, but have not had the opportunity to act on. I want you to understand that acts of incest are highly unhealthy and dangerous. They lead to many further problems. You may feel that she is unable to act on any sexual activities outside of marriage because she is a Christian, but regardless of being married, or being of a specific faith, a sexual act between a mother and son leads to further issues. You are discussing acts that affect morality, legality, evolution, and the politics of abortion. These are topics that must be considered when you speak of acting on this sort of impulse. You are considering opening a door of depression, anxiety, guilt, shame, embarrassment, and lasting trauma. These are all topics that most people want to avoid. I strongly recommend that you not act on impulse and honestly consider talking to a trusted medical professional about the presence of these urges. This may be an issue that can be addressed with psychotropic medication to deter or lessen the obsessive thoughts. One thing that also may help, is to externalize or tell these feelings to someone who can help you become accountable for your actions. You and your mother both need to be protected from these types of behaviors. I know that this may not be the answer that you are most seeking, but I have to tell you the legal and moral obligations/ consequences of acting on such thoughts or feelings. Don't mistake a love for your mother to be a sexual attraction. You have to remember that the long term effects of incest or abuse take a dangerous toll on self-esteem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But I shan't to have sex now!!

I would like to address your question in a very serious manner. If you are having impulses of sexual attraction to your mother, I hope that you will take a moment and process the following. One you may be dealing with what is called, a paraphilia. This is an unhealthy urge that can have legal ramifications, much greater than the satisfaction that you think you would temporarily enjoy. My suggestion is that you remove yourself from the home and avoid the temptation in order to protect both yourself and your mother. You have to control the urge to act in order to avoid the deviant behavior. You must understand the difference between pleasure and reality. Nothing pleasurable will come from the reality of sexual intimacy with your mother.

You may think that you have these feelings right now, but it is important to maintain self control by not allowing your feelings to overpower you. Think of and list the reasons why this is not healthy and focus from there. You will want to one day have a relationship with a partner and think of having to disclose the decision to engage in sexual activities with your mother to this person? is this something that you want to focus on? Also, your mother is not willing to engage in this type of activity and the impulses you are describing suggest that she could be in danger of your behaviors and unwillingness to modify your actions, is this something you want to occur?

I hope that you will provide a positive rating for the honest answer that you have received. I know that you may have hoped for a different outcome, but that was the most ethical and moral response I felt I could give. Three stars or better offers credit for the information received and I hope that you will find it in your heart to understand the purpose of my statements are really about protecting you and your mother at this point.