TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband and I have been married for 3years he always

Customer Question

My husband and I have been married for 3years he always talked in his sleep but mostly about work or speaking to the kids around the house. Well it started 2 months ago his conversation was with a female he was telling her she good company just last week he called out a name and asked where they was and told her in a angry tone that I was next to him sleep then started moaning. the girl name was Erica he clam is dream was totally different and don't remember. Just last night he had his hand on my bottom and says a female name which I couldn't make out he said DAT ass soft. I don't know what's going on but it needs to stop the funny part is he never remember but when he dream of me with a guy he speak every detail
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 12 months ago.

I would continue to speak with him about it and not in an accusatory way and ask him outright if he is involved with anyone else. He may not remember his dream but he will know if he is being unfaithful. Yes, it is possible that these are just dreams and he is being faithful, but you might feel better to open up the conversation further. The dreams happen often with people and we may dream of others in a variety of ways, even sexually and it doesn't mean anything bad is happening. So talk to him about his life and his commitment to you and go from there.

Let me know how else I can support you. I am here when you are ready.