Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I was friends with this girl who like 2 years. She would

Customer Question
come almost every Saturday to...
I was friends with this girl who like 2 years. She would come almost every Saturday to the park with her dog. I would bring my dog. I asked her to go to the park with me and she said no cause she wanted to give her car a rest but told me she would drive 6 hours to a someplace. I felt hurt cause I always go with her. I told her that I didn't understand and felt used. Now is she mad and will not talk. I think a friend should talk and work it out. I would. I don't know what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Relationship
7/27/2016
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 1 year ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Thanks for writing in...I don't see how she used you, so please explain a bit further. It sounds like you were both enjoying your time together and she enjoyed it the way it was. I do agree with you that talking things through to work it out is a great course of action, but her hurt may be preventing that from happening. Give her some time and then you may want to reach out again and let her know you miss her and sorry you both felt hurt and would like to get back to how things were and hope she would like that as well. But for now, give her some space to cool down.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She said no to the park cause of her care but wanted to drive 6 hours to a concert I tickets for. I felt like she only wanted to do that cause she got something

I can understand how you might feel that way but let's assume that she enjoyed getting to the park on her own. I hear her being more connected to you then you may realize and I can't imagine her only interest was for these tickets.

I think her being angry after you told her you felt used may indicate that she wasn't using you and is upset that you believed that.

This cool off period could be good for both...so take a breather and then try to reach out again.

How else can I support you?

If you don't need any further support at this time, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support so that I may be credited for my time. Thanks in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has been 2 months and she will not talk, she told me its over. and we are not friends. she has said mean things to me in the past but I am always her friend

I am sad for that for you...If it has been this long then she might not come back and sad that she did not want to talk it through and try and work it out. So for now then, time to pick up, dust off and try and heal from this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, the next day she got mad and deleted me from facebook, and would not talk or call. I tried so many times

I hear you and it has been a long time so the only choice you have now is to move forward. She has made her choice and it now much be respected.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but it is a stupid choice. I always am willing to talk but no one else does that for me

I know it is hurtful but it is the only way now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what would you have done if you were me after she would not talk?

I would respect her wishes and move on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
really? a good friendship like that over in a heartbeat
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC