Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

How do I put roots on a man? He says he loves me but, we do

Customer Question
not spend much time together...
How do I put roots on a man? He says he loves me but, we do not spend much time together nor do we talk very often. He says he's working but I know that he could make time if that's what he really wanted to do. How do I make him fall head over hills in love with me and want to spend a great deal of time with me?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: We have been intimate seven out of ten months. I am not 100% sure if he's in another relationship he says he is not and he's only with me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Relationship
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, I really hope that you can help me. I really do love this man.
7/7/2016
Counselor: Therapist Leslie, Counselor replied 1 year ago
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

I'm sorry you are struggling in your relationship. Sweet friend, you cannot capture a man....he must come on his own. It would be so easy if there was a special recipe to follow but sadly there is not.

You've mentioned being with him for 10 months....by this point in the relationship, you should have clarity if he is monogamous. Have you spoken to him about this? This is for your emotional and physical safety and cannot be ta***** *****ghtly.

I would be wholly and truly yourself when with him. Be honest with your feelings and see if he comes toward you. If not, please go on your way. You deserve so much more. I am very sorry as I imagine this is not what you wish for and not what you want to hear.

You deserve to be with someone who loves you deeply, wants to spend time with you regularly and grow the relationship. Please do not wait around for a man to commit....if he truly wants to, he will. If he doesn't, his love is not deep enough or he is emotionally unavailable.

Have I answered your question? Is there anything else I can do to assist you further? I want to ensure you are pleased with my service. I also gently request you provide a star rating for me. Of course, we can continue to talk after the rating is provided.

Please take good care of yourself and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You were right I didn't want to hear the answer but I know that you are correct in what you said. Yes, we have talked about it and he says that once business slows down we will be able to spend more time together. We met in the fall of last year and we did spend a great deal of time together. He has a business and it consist mostly of outdoor work. I just want to believe him so much because I am in love with him.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have talked about monogamy and we have both been tested both before our relationship and during. Negative for ANY STD's thank God.

Good evening and thank you for your respond. Please know I am on your side but I would ask for clarity around when he imagines things at work will slow a bit. If it is in the Fall, I would hang in there until then to see if he gives you the time you need, desire, and deserve. If he can't seem to commit to giving you a time, I would create a little bit of distance to see if he moves forward. I'm glad to hear the tests proved negative...thank god!

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor