TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Tomorrow I go to the first ICMC conference which intitiates

Customer Question

Tomorrow I go to the first ICMC conference which intitiates the divorce my wife has filed for. I do not want this and am having a very hard time accepting that I will probably be loosing my wife and children for much of the time.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of your pain and know how much sadness and anxiety you have knowing what tomorrow brings. There is no easy answer here as it is something that you will go through, experience the pain and loss but with each passing day things will ease as a new routine develops for you and your kids.

How specifically can I support you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I handle court and mediation that may help to turn the tide and re-engage my wife in our marriage

If proceedings are about to begin it seems that she is clear on what she desires....so not sure that re-engaging is on her screen. I would be pleasing and accommodating and let her see the man she fell in love with. You can also with love in your tone, let her know you desire to remain together and work on things. More than that, if she is unwilling, you cannot do. Hard to accept, but it may be the only option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe she is still on the fence. The pressure of all this has caused her to loose trust for me. I truly love her and know that I must let her go if that is what she desires. I know we love each other and we have three beautiful children who deserve the best that life has to give them.
Anymore insight is very appreciated.

In divorce, many people forget the person with whom they fell in love...so let her see that man and hope that she can take it all in.

If you believe she is on the fence...then let her see the man she has loved and has raised kids with...be open, be loving and be respectful. Try and speak with her to let her know you will do whatever you can to regain the trust and work and you just ask for a bit of time before you go down this path.

You can also send her a note tonight letting her know all you will do to make things work and to build trust again....she just has to say the word and you are ready to work.

You must make sure you are not overstepping any boundaries. I know you say she is on the fence, but her moving forward indicates she may be clear, so be cautious not to overstep if you try and talk with her.

Let me know how else I can support you.

Jen

Please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support so that I may be credited for my time. Thanks in advance.