Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

hello...
hello
3/17/2016
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

How can I support you?

Hi,I have a significant anxiety disorder I went to see a psychologist

3 times but it is very expensive

and I can not afford it for now,so instead of going every other week

I would go once a month...

I tried the books that a therapist recommended me,it did not work

I have obssessive thoughts and the symptomes are sometimes too strong for me,I am in a relationship right now I talked about it with my boyfriend he doesn't even know what is anxiety and said that I can work on myself and I would be fine but it is very hard to deal with that and it takes time to heal..

except therapy and medication what would you recommend?

does meditation or EFT work?

do you know any person that suffered from a very bad anxiety and healed? I am losing hope ,its been now 3 years that I am dealing with this disorder and it is affecting my relationship

I am sorry to hear of this struggle for you and that you are not able to afford care. Depending upon where you live, you may be able to access care by a local community mental health center, a university that has student doctoral programs or hospital programs. I would research that to try and locate some lower cost services for you as it sounds like you need that support. There is no standard of technique or method that works for everyone and often one needs to try many things to see what works, so I would certainly put meditation and EFT into your daily practice.

I would try as much as you can and seek out lower cost alternatives so you can get the support you deserve.

Unfortuntaley,the university where I go do not offer good therapy

but my therapist told me that there are some counsellors who charge less then her so I will call her to have more information

I will try EFT and meditation together and see how it works

maybe it can help lessen the symptomes ...

Is it normal that anxiety can change your moods very quickly

,sometimes when I am mad at my boyfriend I yell at hime and

do not controll what I tell him...

my mind is full of negative thougths and sometimes I do not see things as other people see but what my negative thoughts tell me to see ,I also

do not controll my thoughts,it is automatic ;for instance I am seating on my sofa,out of habit I start thinking and even if I controll myself I will have the urge to think then I will overthink and remember something bad from the past ...my thoughts cause a lot of pain in my relationship and my boyfriend does not understand ,he thinks it is easy to overcome..

I will think sometimes and rememeber bad things from my relationship that happened and I will have the urge suddenly to talk about it with my boyfriend

at some point I got drunk (I drunk a bottle to feel better) I saw it was stupid and I throw up ( sorry for the detail)

even it causes me to have headaches and nausea,it means if it gets worse I will not feel healthy,I wanted to break up (not because I dont love my bf I really do love him) but i am not feeling healthy and I do not want to cause a lot of drama but since my family lives very far I also need somebody so I do not have the strenght to let him go :(

Yes all of the symptoms may be related to the depression and anxiety. A word of caution when you say it doesn't have "good therapists" A good therapist is when the fit between therapist and client feels right...that is what makes therapy wonderful.

So I wouldn't rule out reaching out to the University to get yourself cared for. Be well and do what it takes to get the care you need and deserve. Please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks in advance.

Jen

thank you for answering me ,sorry I just got home I was outside...

this is my last question,do you think I suffer from depression too?

of course I will rate you no worries :-)

Depression and anxiety can go hand in hand and you spoke earlier of your mood changing so it is worth looking at the complete picture so you can be supported properly when you find someone to see face to face.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC