Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Thanks response to my last question. I have another dream…

For JulesThanks for the response...
For JulesThanks for the response to my last question.I have another dream question, also about a reoccurring dream (forgot that I did actually have 2)My other reoccurring dream is about my father (and sometimes my grandfather)I have had a very close relationship with both of them.The dream involves me having a consensual affair with my father or being "groomed" sexually by my grandfatherI've never had any asexual feelings for surgery of them nor have I had any sexuality contact with them.Im positive I want molested, mainly because I was never out of my mother's sight.Any thoughts?
3/11/2016
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor

Thank you for requesting me! That was very kind of you! If you don't mind, I'm going to take a couple of minutes to prepare a thorough response! Please bare with me :)

First, I appreciate your honesty about your dream. I think it is very vulnerable of you to share this and ask for meaning. It is not an uncommon dream actually...This dream is not really about sex at all. It expresses a desire for emotional intimacy with your parent! In every family things happen that can lead to a sense of distance between a parent and a child. Long work hours, divorce, and illness in the family are all factors that can take up time and energy or come between us and those we love the most. Sometimes, the parents upbringing can influence how well they communicate or their ability to express emotion and affection. Very often, as "daddy's little girl" reaches puberty, he may not know how to interact with a daughter who is beginning to look very much like a woman. That can be intimidating for a man or even a daughter to approach which can for some reason, lead to guilt or shame about development..... and even affect our own feelings about our bodies as women.... Although you had the close relationship with both your father and grandfather, maybe you long for that closeness now. You have lost your grandfather and no longer have the access to him.

Remember that dreams with sexual content are not necessarily about sex. In your recurring dream, your father probably represents some part of you that you wish to know more intimately; your longing for him is matched by your longing to know yourself. Maybe there are parts of yourself that you identify more closely with your father or grandfather than say your mother or grandmother-- it could be a suggestion that you are longing to embrace more (stereotypically) masculine traits of yourself. It also can indicate specific traits related to authority or protection--much like the dream about your grandfather-- and it means that you are feeling vulnerable, but may be desiring a more secure feeling in life at this time-- and these men were "safe" to you....

I hope that makes sense! I can help you further process if necessary :)

Thank you again, Julie

I hope that was helpful. If you have further questions, please let me know or if more clarification is needed. Thank you :)

CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.