Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My boyfriend is bailing out at the last minute because he is…

Customer Question
My boyfriend is bailing out...
My boyfriend is bailing out at the last minute because he is scared to move from UK to Los Angeles. We are in love but confused.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/27/2016
Counselor: Tarra Bates-Duford,
 replied 2 years ago
Tarra Bates-Duford

I think the fact that you are both confused about this move and you boyfriend does not appear to be ready to move from the UK to Los Angeles speaks volumes. Although, it appears you both care about each other the move may be too soon. It seems to me you both may need more time to build upon your relationship, weigh the pros and cons of such a big move and an opportunity to openly and honestly discuss your fears about the changes that will occur if and when this move occurs. In regards ***** ***** boyfriend bailing at the last minute suggests this move had been weighing on him for a long time, probably longer than he let on. Telling you he could not move to Los Angeles and fears about what this can mean to your relationship more than likely created a lot of anxiety, fear, and sadness for your boyfriend. After all no one wants to feel like they hurt he person they care about. I encourage you to take this time to continue building upon your relationship so when the time comes for a move you both will be ready, eager, and confident it is the right decision.

Thank you. My boyfriend would like to participate in the conversation from UK. Is it possible you hear out his side as well?
Please let me know.
Thank you.
Madison.
Counselor: Tarra Bates-Duford,
 replied 2 years ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.