Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Me and my girlfriend always lived together since we have…

Customer Question
Hi me and my girlfriend...
Hi me and my girlfriend always lived together since we have been together. Lately though I had to move away for work reason and she doesn't want to follow me. I miss her a lot and I am really sad and I don't really know how to convince her to move here with me!! Could you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Counselor: educatortech, Expert replied 2 years ago
educatortech
educatortech, Expert

Hello, my name is Greg.

This, unfortunately, happens too regularly from what we experience here at our site.

Does she have some other connections to that area that are causing her to reconsider moving with you at this point? How far away are the two of you now? Is it possible to continue to skype and chat daily in order to keep the relationship going? Possibly this could help, in the future, persuade her to move closer to you. Is there a way that you might be able to return to her area if she in more entrenched in that location due to other reasons?

Some people are more reluctant for "change" and even though she misses you the thought of finding another job and moving to a new location can cause issues of fear due to the unknown components.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
educatortech
educatortech
educatortech, Expert