Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I was in a relationship with my EX 5 months and then I broke…

Customer Question
Hi, so I was in...
Hi, so I was in a relationship with my EX for almost 5 months and then I broke it off because I lost feelings for her. Well, a couple weeks later I had a change of heart so to speak and asked if she wanted to get back together and she did. Well, after about 2 - 3 weeks this time I broke it off again but this time saying she wasn't a good fit for me. So now here I am a couple months later after the 2nd break up falling for her all over again. I miss being with her and miss what we had and I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from ever breaking up with her in the first place. We kind of already talked about getting back together but we both agreed we should give it some time before we do anything. I was wondering if I should get back together with her or not and am I just setting us both up for failure for a third time? I'm really conflicted and don't know for sure if my feelings for her are genuine at this point and if we could ever get past the two breaks up. Thanks for your help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Relationship
2/23/2016
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 2 years ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.